Monday, April 11, 2011

Why You Don't Want Insurance

"Insurance" has become such a loaded word in people's minds and its value has been ruined by cavemen and geckos, in my opinion. So I refuse to say that I sell insurance and I bet that you really don't want insurance anyway.

Instead, I bet you want your home rebuilt if it burns. I bet you want to be insulated from lawsuits if your nanny runs into a cyclist. I bet you want to be able to collect your art, or wine, or musical instruments. I bet you want to be able to travel to Africa without fear of getting back to the U.S. if you become sick or injured. I bet you want your most precious asset (your ability to earn an income) to continue paying dividends if you get sick, injured, or pass away. I bet you want to keep skiing because someone else will pay for the broken-leg surgery. I bet you want the costs of nightmare occurrences to be capped and budgeted. I bet you want to put your money to work in your business, your life experiences, and your investments.

So that's what I sell.